Montclair’s MPH is CEPH-Accredited in two concentrations: Community Health Education, & Health Systems Administration and Policy.
We believe that: PUBLIC HEALTH TRANSLATES SCIENCE INTO SERVICE
We are committed to advancing health equity and social justice, through a commitment to an upstream focus and cultural responsiveness in the development of public health professionals, in our community engagement, and in our scholarship. We work toward advancing the collective strength of populations, to foster healthy settings and healthy people.
- We value voices from multiple cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds in our program.
- We recognize that to truly serve the public, the public health workforce must comprise professionals whose backgrounds and identities reflect the multitude of identities in our populations.
- We value experiential learning as essential for preparing public health professionals who will lead the way in advancing health equity and social justice.
- We hold civic engagement to be a key to achieving health equity. The development of engaged community members is a goal that runs through all our professional work.
- We value community and connections among our students while enrolled in and after having graduated from the program.
Professor Kurt Conklin talks about Montclair’s MPH program with alumni, Sarah Bonilla, Ade Osho, and Monica Hanna
Montclair State University
Department of Public Health
1 Normal Avenue, University Hall 4th Floor
Montclair, NJ 07043
Department Chair: Dr. Lisa Lieberman
Graduate Program Coordinator: Dr. Stephanie Silvera
Website Links to Recent Articles
February 7, 2020
Tosan Boyo, the First Master of Public Health Graduate, Appointed Chief Operating Officer of the Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center
March 24, 2020
On the Front Lines of the Coronavirus Crisis
Montclair State’s graduate students, alumni play role in public health emergency
March 19, 2021
COVID-19 Affects Young Latino Men in NJ at Disproportionate Rates
Dr. Silvera states, “We are losing whole generations of fathers.”
December 14, 2020
Experts: Sex Education Should Begin in Kindergarten
First-of-its-kind research shows sex education yields positive outcomes beyond STD and pregnancy prevention
January 24, 2020
Montclair State Partners With NJ First Lady Tammy Murphy to Positively Impact Maternal Health
Chat With Us
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|